Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Discipline, Part 2

I just spent some delightful and insightful moments reading the blogs of people I follow. I responded to some with a written comment. To others my response was in the form of a prayer. I loved reading about their days--whether those days were good or bad. It brought warm feelings of connection to see some parts of their lives in high noon light with no shadows behind which to hide.

The sporadic nature of my own posts stands in dismal contrast. The infrequent timing reflects my status--body and soul. To use a time-worn cliche, I've been 'under the weather'--although I think this statement might be quite accurate in my case since my infected sinuses are most likely the result of atmospheric conditions. My weakened body produces a soul-weariness that drinks my creative juices dry.

There-in lies the problem. I am too content to languish until I experience an 'aha' moment. Personal aside: I do love an 'aha' moment. During those grand and glorious encounters with an eternal truth that pushes through an ordinary experience, thoughts, words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs and ultimately, blogs bubble up from deep inside and then cascade triumphantly into readable form. But they don't happen every day...

To wait passively for inspiration denies the value of intention. Inspiration requires very little in the way of purpose or discipline. Interestingly, my previous blog post was on discipline.

I find it easier to write about discipline than to practice it.

I have nothing else inspiring to say. My ears hurt and my glands feel swollen. I'm positive it isn't swine flu. And, yes, I see the doctor tomorrow. Maybe renewed health will produce more insight or at least, some amusing anecdotes.

2 comments:

  1. I pray you feel better. Rest assured that you do serve a God who is able to forgive all of your sins and heal all of your infirmities.

    Also, take confidence in being an image bearer of the Lord. He is the greatest musician, composer, poet, artist and author. Your gifts come from His image, and in Him there is always inspiration. Even the angels in heaven stand astounded right now. They are not just crying out "Holy, Holy, Holy" because they have been programed to do so, but because every single time they look at the Lord they are overwhelmed with a new revelation of the Lord.....so much so that before they can comprehend it all they look again and see something else that turn their whole world upside dwon. One angel cries to the other"....look look.....quick look.....did you see that? He is holy!" But while that angel is trying to tell the other....the other responds "no no no....look now. Don't miss it.......He is Holy!"

    He is indeed holy.

    ReplyDelete